Updating Sampler Webpage
The Newsreel website is built using the WordPress content management system. The WordPress Dashboard can be used to update and edit webpage content. Please follow the instructions below to complete the Newsreel Sampler webpage monthly update process.
- Log in to the Newsreel WordPress dashboard
- Activate Pages link
- Activate Sampler Archive link
- Activate Text button to toggle content editor to text mode (this step might not be needed if editor is already in text mode
- Navigate to the multi-line edit that contains HTML code for web page (second edit field on web page under Edit Page heading)
- Create a new line after the first closing paragraph tag and add the following code:
<h2>[Month] [Year] Newsreel Magazine</h2>
<li><a href="http://newsreelmag.org/archive/[two digit month]-[two digit year]/[month][last two digits of year].htm">Table of Contents [Month] [Year]</a></li>
<li><a href="http://newsreelmag.org/archive/[two digit month]-[two digit year]/nr[two digit month][two digit year].m3u">[Month] [Year] sampler</a></li>
Note: Brackets are used to denote variables that you need to replace with a correct string value. You can also copy and paste the previous month’s code and update as needed.
- Activate the Update button